Mulberry Trees

Browning Leaves on Mulberry

jfotsch added on September 3, 2016 | Answered

Have 2 Mulberry trees in the backyard. One is the type with one large lobe as the leaf and the other is the type that looks like a Maple leaf. I live in Las Vegas, so it does get exceedingly hot here which causes me to spend a great deal of money on irrigation. My question is this: why does the single leaf and multi-trunked mulberry tree leaf not brown on the ends while the single-trunk mulberry with the maple looking leaf suffer? They both get the same amount of water. They are both fruit-bearing trees and I planted them about 8 years ago (from bird presents because you cannot get the mulberrry tree here). They are roughly 20 feet tall and with about a 25-30 foot canopy. The 2 pictures are one from each tree.

It could be that the tree that gets more stressed has some trouble with its roots. For example, it may have run into a solid barrier or a patch of poorer soil underground, or be nearer to a street that provides a source of salt or chemicals that can harm trees.

This article explains more about what causes brown leaf tips:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/what-causes-brown-edges-on-leaves-of-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mulberry Trees