Rosemary Plants

Brown Stems on Rosemary

Why are there brown stems on my rosemary plant? I have cut several off and am afraid I am going to lose this plant. Is it dying? Why? It is in a large plastic container and I water it when it is slightly damp/dry. Sometimes it only gets partial sunshine. Should it have direct sun for the 6 hours?

I have linked to an article below which discusses all the possible reasons for a rosemary turning brown. There is a strong possibility this is root rot. I would verify that your plastic pot has drainage and recommend that you only water until the top 2 inches of soil is dry to the touch. In the meantime, you may want to consider starting a new crop of rosemary to ensure the continuation of a rosemary harvest.

Karen Koch

Yes it likes Sun and Brown stems are usually mature.

Here are more questions about Rosemary Plants