Container Hibiscus Plants

Bringing Hibiscus Inside for Winter

paj1390 added on October 13, 2017 | Answered

I have 2 miniature or dwarf hibiscus. We live in Maryland and I want to bring them inside for the winter. I am concerned about bringing any variety of insects in. Do I need to treat them while they are still outside, or can I begin when I bring them in? Will one insecticide work or might I need more than one? Do you have a recommendation for a product I should use?

First, inspect closely for aphids and others or egg masses on underneath side of leaves. I would remove the plant from its pot and soak it in a tub of warm water. This will bring out any pests that were hiding in the soil. Pot up one size after teasing out any encircling roots. Here is a Univ of Vermont article: http://pss.uvm.edu/ppp/articles/bringin.html

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants