Bringing a Rose Bush Back…

FlintSparkz added on June 28, 2014 | Answered

I have a climbing rose that I planted last year. I went on vacation for 10 days recently, and when I came back, little green caterpillars had turned every single leaf on the bush into lace. No green, just stems and a vein network. I've picked them off, but not sure of how to proceed now. Cut back the stems, and take the lacey leaves off? Thanks in advance!

That is heartbreaking to have that happen I know. I would recommend getting some Bayer Tree and Shrub granules. Add that to the soils around the base of the rosebush, working it into the soils lightly. Then water in well. After about 5 to 7 days water the rosebush with some water with root stimulator and a product called Super Thrive mixed into the same water. Repeat this watering mix the next time the rosebush needs watering as well. As long as the canes are still healthy, the foliage will return. I have seen some pretty bad damage from insects, fungus attacks and hail storms and the rosebushes came back fine.

00