Container Hibiscus Plants

Braided Hibiscus Care

brenmikkel74 added on August 20, 2017 | Answered

My red braided Hibiscus tree (it is a container)is blooming very well but it has started having yellow leaves. I used a systemic insecticide on it in the spring and do not see any kind of insect on the tree at all. I did start using Miricle grow bloom enhancer in the water once a week. It has been a very hot summer here in NC and I have had to water it daily or the new leaves start to wilt.I have read a lot online and there seems to be many different opinions on how to care for the tree. Any suggestions about what to do? I also have another braided Hibiscus that bloomed well last year but has not bloomed this year at all. I took it in during the winter and followed all the recommendations for care. I also started using the bloom enhancer on the one once a week too and I finally have some buds appearing although not many. I do love these braided trees but feel as if I have 2 young children that require a lot of care. Anything you can suggest would be most appreciated. Thanks so much, Brenda

This is a common issue on Hibiscus, this article will help you pinpoint the issue.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/answers-to-what-causes-hibiscus-leaves-turning-yellow.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants