Sea Holly Plants

Bought 2 Roots for a Blue Sea Holly

Jillmgranier added on March 27, 2018 | Answered

The holly which has been planted in Largs pots for at least 2 years, probably 3 years. has only produced beautiful plants with only leaves. It has never had one flower. I live in south Louisiana and thought it would be perfect in this climate. Please help me get my plant to flower

It is normal for them to not flower the first year. Since they are in container, and have a large taproot, then this can further set them off another year, or even a few. I would give it another year, and if you see no flowers then you may be faced with putting them in an even larger and taller container to help the taproot grow to its full potential.

This article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/sea-holly/sea-holly-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Sea Holly Plants