Bougainvillea Plants

Bougainvillea

One of my bougainvilleas has developed a stringy yellow vine like growth. The growth seems to be winding around and through the plant. Due to the density of the plant, and the thorns, I am having a hard time following this yellow stringy vine back to its source. A nursery person told me that sometimes bird droppings have something that when it lands in a bougainvillea causes this problem. He also said that left unchecked, it could literally strangle and kill the bougainvillea. Can you share any ideas what I am dealing with, and how to eradicate this problem? Thank you, Steve steves.in.baja@gmail.com

I'm sorry that I'm not able to identify the vine that you are showing in the image.

I would continue to try to locate the root point of this vine and try to remove the root system if possible.
You can also cut the vine back as close to the ground as possible and 'paint' the cut end with a herbicide to kill it off. Use caution when doing this, as the herbicide will likely kill anything it touches.

00
Here are more questions about Bougainvillea Plants