Boston Fern Plants

Boston Fern Care

I have two Boston fern plants, and I have noticed that the new leaves are being eaten by something. A couple of times I have spotted some worms. Could that be the problem? Could you please tell me what can I do about it?

The little worms you see are probably inch worms, are actually the larvae of the brown moth. Unfortunately, Boston ferns are one of the pest's favorite host plants. Infestations from these moths are easy to detect because the damage they cause is usually quite visible. Damage may appear as holes in the center or along the edges of leaves. They can easily defoliate your ferns if left untreated.

Using dipel or thuricide is an effective and non-toxic way to control this problem. You may want to do a follow up treatment in 10-14 days.

00
Susan75023

I handpick things like this. Ferns have delicate leaves and do not respond well to spraying.

00
Here are more questions about Boston Fern Plants