Blueberry Bushes

Blueberry Crop

The 2nd year after planting blueberry bushes, I had a nice crop of berries. The last two years, the bushes have grown nicely but I've had almost no crop of berries. What can I do to encourage a good crop next year?

You should be fine in the coming years. Just make sure to fertilize regularly and keep the plant healthy. The reason you did not have good crops the past few years is because plants, like animals, have to reach maturity before they can produce fruit. The first few years most fruits are planted, the plant is not mature enough to make seeds (which is why they make fruit). Instead, it focuses on growing leaves and roots. But, yours has now reached maturity (as told by the good crop) and should continue to produce well as long as it stays healthy.

Here are more questions about Blueberry Bushes