Blueberry Bushes

Blueberry Bush Planting

landolim added on August 5, 2012 | Answered

I have a blueberry bush that was given to me as a gift. I planted it in a large patio pot and it was doing very well.  Recently, the leaves started to change color (yellowish) and fall off. There were lots of blueberries on the bush and they died off or may have been eaten by birds. Do I need to plant the bush in the ground? Or could the bush remain in a patio pot?

It could have been a watering issue. Container grown fruit needs watering daily (twice in hot weather), especially during fruiting. This article will provide info on growing berries in containers:

You may also choose to plant the blueberry bush in the ground. This article will help with that, as well as its care:

In regard to missing blueberries, put a black net over the bushes. Birds love blueberries!!

Here are more questions about Blueberry Bushes