Blueberry Bushes

I have 2 blueberry plants I need to plant now. How and what must I do to have them live? I know I must plant them now, before winter. One is still in the pot in which it was purchased and growing. The other one I put in a tub above ground, but am afraid it will not survive the winter, unless I put it in the ground.

Blueberries are naturally hardy, but the roots may still require some protection during winter by wrapping the container in blankets, bubble wrap, or quilt batting. Alternatively, you could sink the container in the ground over winter by digging a large enough hole to accommodate the container (up to its rim or a couple inches). As long as the roots are protected, they should live through the winter just fine.

If you decide to plant them in the ground, their care may be variable, depending on the type you have. Here is an article that you may find helpful:

Here are more questions about Blueberry Bushes