Bleeding Heart Plants

Bleeding Heart

Kelly 55 added on April 12, 2015 | Answered

I planted a bleeding heart last year in a shady area of my garden but we had a very rough winter this year. So far there is no sign of my bleeding heart coming back. Could it have died because of the winter? I bought it from a nursery and when they picked it out they said here is a nice healthy one. It didn't look that great compared to some of the other ones. Perhaps it wasn't healthy to start with. It's my first experience with this bush. Thank you.

Don't be alarmed, it is very early yet. Keep an eye out for signs of life as temperatures warm over the next few weeks.
I am in Zone 4, and I have no signs of my Bleeding Heart yet either.
In the event that your plant did not survive winter, always check back with the nursery that sold it to you. Most garden centers have a 1 year guarantee on perennials.

If the Bleeding Heart is a new plant for you, I have listed a link about their care.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/bleeding-heart/bleeding-heart-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bleeding Heart Plants