Blackberry Plants

Blackberry Seedling

meleetaylor added on October 25, 2017 | Answered

Hello, Long story short, winter is coming (we have a frost advisory here tonight in central Indiana) and I have this blackberry plant seedling growing in my backyard. It has maybe 5 leaves but is barely an inch tall. What can I do to save it? Will it survive the winter or should I dig it up and plant it in a pot for the winter (bringing it indoors, of course)?

If you are ever in doubt, dig it up and bring it in. Just make sure to dig wide to salvage as many roots as possible. You will want to plant outside in spring the first chance you get. These won't survive more than a year or so in container.

Here is an article on blackberry care for the future: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/blackberries/growing-blackberry-bushes.htm

00
Here are more questions about Blackberry Plants