There is a black mold at the base of my Hibiscus plants. Is this mold and is it from too much water? Live in Hawaii and the plant receives about 10 hours of sun each day. The sprinkler system waters it for approx. 15 min. in early morning, 7 days per week.
Black Mold on Hibiscus Stems and Trunk
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Sooty mold is a fungus often brought about by pests, namely aphids or scale. I would try treating the plant with neem oil, which is effective for handling these pests and is also a fungicide. Here is more information that should help you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/how-to-get-rid-of-sooty-mold.htm