Blackberry Plants

Blackberry Plant in Full Flower

I have Raeburn blackberry, 2-3 years old. It has grown two thick canes and is about 8 feet tall ready for next spring, but it has flowered and now has green berries growing from the flowers. So what do I do, and what happens next spring when it's supposed to flower? The plant was recommended by Peter Seabrook about 3 years ago from the USA and is the  biggest and sweetest blackberry ever grown, according to him. My other blackberries are quite normal with loads of laterals waiting for next spring, Oregon Thornless. Any ideas?

I don't know where you're located, but I'm guessing that it's somewhere that has a winter coming, and the berries aren't supposed to flower till spring? Sounds like your poor plant's a bit confused. There's not really much you can do, except say "wow, isn't that strange?' You can just leave it - the cold will soon knock back the flowers and little fruit, and hopefully it will right itself by next spring, and get with the program. You might pull off the flowers and green fruit, to keep it from expending energy on fruit instead of storing it to get through the winter. Of course, if you don't have that cold a winter, you could just let it be to see what happens.

00
Here are more questions about Blackberry Plants