Blackberry Plants

Blackberry Pest Problems

I have 2 different kinds of blackberry bushes. I have several berries on both. The vines are two years old. I noticed that on one plant it looks like a worm or some pest has been eating the leaves. It's only in about a 2 x 2 foot area, and the pest is picking which leaves it wants to eat. Would you have any ideas of what pest this is or what I can do? Right now my bushes are extremely healthy and I would like to fix this problem.

It might be a blackberry looper. Does it look like the caterpillar in this article?

Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis) is effective against almost all caterpillars/worms. Neem oil is effective against almost all the rest of the pests it could be. I would try the Bt first as I suspect that these are what are doing the damage.

Here are more questions about Blackberry Plants