Bird Of Paradise Plants

Bird of Paradise New Planting

PSLgardener added on December 14, 2015 | Answered

I was advised by a Lowes salesmen where I purchased several of these plants to add a half bag of palm fertilizer and it's now almost mid December. After doing some research online, I learned that this is not the time of year to fertilize this plant (even if it's now being transplanted from a pot). What should I do? I've already planted them according to the advice given but I can dig them up and remove the fertilizer if you think it's advisable to do so.

You can flush the area to help move the fertilizer out of the soil, but I would not dig up the plants again.

It does sound like a large amount of fertilizer (half of a bag). Always read the label and apply according to the package directions. A light amount is always safer then over fertilizing.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/bop/bird-of-paradise-an-exotic-flower-like-none-other.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bird Of Paradise Plants