Plant Recommendations

Best Plants for Flowerbeds in Zone 8a (Clinton, Ms)

I am trying to pull out some plants and kill the weeds in our flowerbeds and plant new shrubs and plants. We live in Clinton, MS and are considered Zone 8. We have two flowerbeds located at the entrance of our front door. They are 14'6 inches x 2'1 inch. We also have a flowerbed located against the garage section in front of the house. It is 24' x 2'. I am trying to find out what are the best plants to survive in our zone and what I can plant now in June, as they look awful. Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Unfortunately, I cannot create a design for you. There are so many plants you can use in your area and without seeing the space or knowing your prefrences, I could not help much. But I would recommend that you look at Craigslist, where many people in your area will list cheap or even free plants. Also, contact your local garden club. Most of the time, they are very happy to give planting advice and even provide area suitable plants.

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations