Zoysia Grass

Best Grass for My Region

I was considering growing zoysia grass at my house becasue I was told it was hardy and easy to grow and maintain. After further research, it does not sound like the best fit for where I live (Vancouver, Washington). What is the best grass you can recommend? I have a fair amount of foot traffic (people and dogs), sun and shade spots, and a lot of different fir trees around my house. I am looking for something that grows easily and does not require a ton of watering, as I do not have a sprinkler system. Thank you.

Kentucky Bluegrass is the grass most often grown in cooler areas because it is very hardy and can take sun and shade. But this article has some other grasses you can consider: http://www.sustland.umn.edu/maint/coolseas.htm

00
Here are more questions about Zoysia Grass