Bell Pepper Plants

Bell Pepper Dropped Leaves

I planted two Big Bertha bell pepper plants last week. Yesterday most of the leaves were lying at the foot of the plants. The leaves were still green. Can you please shed some light on this for me before I buy new plants?

Too much moisture is the cause of most pepper plant problems, especially if the leaves are green but still fell off. Or you may have simply gotten plants that weren't healthy to begin with and so they became susceptible to fungal wilt. If you had a very cold spell recently, they could also have gone into shock. If you are able to identify and correct the issue, you could actually save your plants and not have to buy new ones.

Take a look at these articles to see if they may help you narrow exactly what happened:

Good luck!

Here are more questions about Bell Pepper Plants