Begonias

Begonia Tubers

Slaley added on April 10, 2018 | Answered

I wrapped up my begonias in newspaper over the winter and labelled the various seed trays with what I thought was the colour. However in one seed tray I notice that some have pink shoots and some have white shoots and when I cut two large ones in half and dusted them with sulphur to increase my stock I notice that the inside is white in one and pink in the other. Does this mean they are actually different colours?

This is not an indicator that they are separate, although if you got them from a place where there were separate colors, then is is likely that you do have different colors. They will just have to be planted to see. Just make sure that you keep them separate, and labeled once you do find out.

10
Slaley

I had stored them in 2 seed trays - one marked red and one marked “orangey red” so will have to wait and see how they turn out!

00
Here are more questions about Begonias