Red Pepper Plants

Bees on My Red Pepper Plant Leaves

We are growing a red pepper plant in a pot on our deck, and we have noticed over the last 3 weeks that there are bees on the leaves. We have a green pepper plant and tomato plants also and they are not bothering them. Why are they on our red pepper plant? And what can I do to get rid of them? We have moved the plants off of the deck. I have grandchildren and I don't want them to get stung.

I suspect that they are not bees, but wasps, like yellow jackets, that look very similar to bees. Regular bees are not aggressive, while wasps tend to be aggressive. They may have established a nest near that area and the peppers were a convenient landing place. Check the area carefully, they especially like hollow railing posts or old snake holes in the ground. This article can help you with getting rid of them: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/kill-wasps.htm

00
Here are more questions about Red Pepper Plants