Pole Beans

Beans Aren’t Growing

devnet added on June 18, 2012 | Answered

I am trying to grow several varieties of beans this year--Blue Lake Pole Beans, Baby Lima Bush Beans, and Italian Bush Beans. The problem is that none of my plants are getting very big. They look beautiful and are starting to flower, but the largest one is only about 6 inches high! My friend's pole beans are already taller than she is! We used seeds from the same packet and planted at the same time. What am I doing wrong? How can I encourage them to grow taller?

It may be a lack of nutrients or it may be a lack of enough light. Make sure your beans are getting at least 5 hours of direct sunlight a day. Also, have your soil tested for nutrient imbalances and, in the mean time, apply a balanced fertilizer.

This article may be helpful:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/testing-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pole Beans