Bat Flower

Bat Flower

Harasrussell added on July 28, 2016 | Answered

So I bought some Bat Flower seeds and attempted to grow them this year. I thought none of the seeds sprouted. Then one day after I had transferred things to different pots reusing soil from here and there, I see a little sprout come up, which was, I thought a hollyhock. The leaves were similar, but it was growing straight up taller then the other HH plants. To my surprise, it sprouted this black flower bulb but that bulb never opened. It dried out, so I deadheaded it since then there has been new green leaf growth and seems to be blooming these tiny little yellow flowers, much like you'd see before a vegetable of some sort. So my question is, is this a bat flower plant? What happened first with the black bulb? I was certain, but now these little yellow flowers are throwing me off. I didn't see the yellow flower before the first black bulb.

It can take up to 9 months for a Bat Flower seed to germinate.
The yellow flower that you see is likely do to the soil contamination and is not from the Bat Flower.
Tubers would form over time with the plant when they are grown from seed.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/bat-flower/growing-bat-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bat Flower