Banana Pepper Plants

Banana Peppers Fruiting Problem

ronhav added on August 14, 2012 | Answered

I planted some regular and hot banana peppers in 5 gallon pots using topsoil and Miracle Gro dirt for gardening. The plants seem to be healthy, but some small curling on a few leaves. The problem is I have only gotten 1 pepper to form. The rest of what looks to be where flowers should be turn into small round green globes that get to be as big as a dime with a little white stem coming out the bottom, which turns brown. The green globe that forms at the end of the stem seems to grow for a while, the stem turns yellow and then falls off the main plant. Not sure what to do or what went wrong. I have a couple pics of what the green globes look like, but not sure if you can post pics. I'm new to this fourm. The flowers really never form and bloom. The 1 pepper that did grow did have a true flower that the pepper grew from. The others and there are many start out looking as though a flower will bloom and open, but never do. The part (end) of the stem where a flower should be just starts growing as stated above then the stem yellows and falls off. I have cut one of the open and they are solid inside and do smell like a pepper. If anyone would like me to email a picture of what they look like I would gladly do so.

It sounds like a pollination issue. If the peppers are not properly pollinated, they will get soft and drop off the plant at about that size. Peppers and tomatoes pollinate in the same way, so this article will help you:

Here is more information:

Here are more questions about Banana Pepper Plants