Azalea Plants

Azaleas

Tell me what this is and how to treat it. I have been to two local nurseries and did not get any results for what they told me. In my azaleas there will be a stem that looks like it is wilting and then it dies. It may be only one and then in another one will be two or three. Nurseries have told me to dip clippers in alcohol and cut as close to ground as I could.

This is called twig blight. This disease causes wilting and defoliation on one or more branches with a reddish-brown discoloration under the bark. Control with pruning and disposal of diseased branches, making cuts a few inches below discoloration. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/azalea/pruning-azaleas.htm

00
Here are more questions about Azalea Plants