Azalea Plants

Azaleas

I have several types of azaleas, the ones which bloom all year and the others Pride of Mobile, which bloom in spring. I noticed some of them have dark spots and some have just bloomed. What can I spray on them now to prevent disease and should I go ahead and put Osmocote or azalea food on them? I live in Alabama.

There are a few issues that could cause that. Look closely at the plant and see if you can see other signs. This article can give you a starting point: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/azalea/common-azalea-problems.htm It sounds like it has a fungus, which can be treated with a fungicide (like neem oil) and that should help. If you can spot other indicators of a problem, we can give you more precise advice on how to treat it. A little fertilizer now shouldn't hurt either.

00
Here are more questions about Azalea Plants