Azalea Plants

Azalea Disease?

feathers added on April 13, 2011 | Answered

An azalea has leaves that look like the "black spot"  my roses get - turning brown with black spots - like they have been burned. My son's teacher told me there was a disease that makes the leaves look burned. What is it and how can I protect the plant? I sprayed a fungicide with no results. There is new spring growth developing, but no blooms this year!

Sooty mold or sooty canker can give leaves a burned look, but they normally do not manifest as spots, but rather as large areas that look to have been burned.

Older azaleas are susceptible to a condition called leaf spot. It is caused by a fungus and happens after cold winters. Normally it clears up on its own, but you can treat the plants with a fungicide to help clear it up faster.

00
Here are more questions about Azalea Plants