Avocado Trees
Q.

Avocados

Zone 32812 | Heronnor added on November 6, 2017 | Answered

When the avocados ripen there is a brownish spot about the size of a quarter near the bottom. All the avocados on the tree have the spot. When you cut into the avocados there is a soft brown spot which I cut out. The rest of the fruit is usually good to eat. Some of the fruit have brown streaks left on the fruit after peeling and are stringy. Unfortunately there are none left and I did not think of taking pictures. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this?

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

Yes. I would apply dolomitic lime. This could very well be a calcium deficiency. Apply dolomitic lime to the area to provide this for the tree. It would also help to provide wettable sulfur to the tree to prevent any bacterial or fungal infeciton. Otherwise, this is not harmful to you. Here is an article for more information on the care of this tree: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/avocado/avocado-tree-growing.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Avocado Trees
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More