Avocado Trees

Avocado Tree Root System

royots added on February 13, 2017 | Answered

I have a 40+ year old avocado tree in my backyard located in a corner bordering a block wall separating my property from my neighbor's. In the photos the section of root is lifting and separating the block wall. Can I cut the root section going under the wall & repair the wall without killing my tree? If not, what can I do? My tree puts out a heck of a crop every year. Thank you

Unfortunately the answer is no, you cannot remove roots and solve the issue.

Avocado Trees roots are considered invasive and can greatly damage a homes foundation.

A minimum of 10 feet from any structure is recommended, although I would suggest a larger amount with some trees reaching 40 to 60 feet.

Though the decision is hard, you will only have further damage to your block wall unless you remove the tree.

00
Here are more questions about Avocado Trees