Tree Problems

Australian Natives

I have noticed several trees around our area (Wodonga, Victoria, Australia) that have lumps growing on them (see photos) and it seems to suck the tree dry and finally leave them dead and/or dying. I'd like to find out what it is so I can do something to stop its progression. Someone suggested it may be the loss of a natural predator that would normally eat the disease off the tree but I don't know what that might be. Any information would be helpful, as I want to save as many trees as I can. Obviously, I have tried Google who knows everything but I haven't been able to find the answers - yet.

We did not receive the images.

What types of trees are affected? Researching a particular trees diseases can be helpful.

Without pictures and this description is sounds like a crown gall infection.

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agriculture/horticulture/pests-diseases-hort/multiple/crown-gall-of-plants

00
Here are more questions about Tree Problems