Bottle Tree

Australian Bottle Trees and Their Seeds

teecee2000@aol.com added on August 25, 2017 | Answered

I have 3 Australian bottle trees in my yard. I would like to know if the nuts inside of the seed pods are safe for dogs (also people). My small dog has started to eat them and absolutely loves them. I try to pick them all up but there are so many now. Are these healthy for him or harmful in any way? I found one web page that said they were healthy for people to eat but it did not have much detail. I have been done multiple online search without finding a definite answer. Please help! Thank you!

The gum exudate can be eaten, the taproot can be eaten and is described as “carrot-like” or “yam-like”, and the seeds can be ground up and used as a coffee substitute. The raw or roasted seeds have been eaten by aboriginal people and are high in protein, zinc, and magnesium.
I can't fine any information on the toxicity to dogs.
Check with your local vet for information on the safety of your pet consuming this tree.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/bottle-trees/growing-kurrajong-bottle-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bottle Tree