China Doll Plants

China Doll

I have a Radermachera sinica (China Doll) that wasn't doing well in the house. We planted it in the backyard about 6 or 7 years ago and it loved that. Now it is taller than our house (single story home). It has MANY white flowers that bloom all summer long that are actually quite beautiful, BUT they fall on the ground all the time causing a mess. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and I worry that those flowers are poisonous to my animals. So whenever I go out with them, I have to rake up all those flowers quickly so they don't decide to eat them. Am I over-reacting to this or are they actually harmful to animals?

China doll is a commonly grown houseplant that is considered non-toxic. Here is more info:

To control its size, you can prune a third of its growth per year until its a more manageable size. This article will help:

Here are more questions about China Doll Plants