Ash Trees

Ash Tree

Skoot added on April 9, 2017 | Answered

The tips of my branches are turning black. I planted the tree in November of 2016. It is April 2017. The tree looked like it was doing good and has new leafs all over the branches. I noticed today that the very end of the branch leaves are turning black. Am I over watering it.

Ash Trees do need to be planted in well drained soil. Make sure the soil is moist but not soggy.
You want to water slowly and deeply. You should not be watering daily...you should check the soil, dig down to about 6 inches deep and check the soil. Is it wet or dry?
Applying 3 to 4 inches of hardwood mulch will also help with moisture retention, just keep the mulch at least 6 inches away from the trunk of the tree.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/ash/growing-white-ash-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ash Trees