Are these field mushrooms safe?

Zone Canberra, Australia | Anonymous added on December 22, 2019 | Answered

I noted a large crop of these mushrooms after a few days rain. They were in a nearby field under an oak. They smell like standard mushrooms, have brown gills, and white flesh. They do not bruise yellow. Do you think they are safe to cook and eat?

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on December 23, 2019

I would not advise eating anything wild. There are too many toxic look-alikes. Especially in the case of mushrooms.

Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Learn From
Your Peers on
Our Blog

Visit Our Blog

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More