Mop Head Hydrangea

Are There Any Types of Mophead Hydrangea That Will Take Full Sun?

mariac37 added on March 15, 2012 | Answered

I have planted mophead hydrangeas in an area that gets morning sun in the spring. However, in the summer months, the hotter summer sun, even in the morning, burns the leaves and flowers. I have moved this plant once from a very sunny location. Would it kill the plant to relocate it once more?

While the further north one live, the more sun these plants can take, it sounds as of yours simply will not thrive in this location. I would go ahead and relocate it once more to a more suitable area, preferably one that has some afternoon shade.

Make sure to get up as much of the root system and surrounding doil as possible to reduce the chance of shock. This article should also help with avoiding transplant shock: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mop Head Hydrangea