Plant Recommendations

Ready-Made Plant-Based Noise Barriers to Protect Our Garden From Road Noise

lucyv added on July 18, 2014 | Answered

I don't have time to create my own noise barrier with plants, so can you tell me if there is a 'ready-made' barrier with plants and where it can be purchased and how much they cost on average?

Interesting! When I read your question, I thought what a great product that would be. And I was able to find some ideas for you. It's not our policy to recommend specific products or suppliers, but if you google ready made outdoor living sound barriers, you'll find some possibilities. One thing I learned is that a barrier of strictly living material, like a hedge, would need to be 100' thick to cut sound by 5 decibels. It seems to me that if you want serious noise reduction, the thing would be to erect a sound barrier wall of concrete or some other material, then put a vertical garden arrangement on or against it. You would probably want to consult with professionals on this project. Here are some ideas:

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations