Pine Trees

Are My Trees Dying?

I have several pine trees on the north side of my home that I have lived at for 4 years. I noticed that from the inside out the needle are turning orange as if they are dying. The trees are easily 30 years old. I am concerned the trees are dying. Any information you have on this will be helpful.

It is hard to say without seeing the trees, but it does sound like they have a problem. If they have been healthy up until now, then you should check for environmental changes that could be making them ill. Things like new construction or plantings can divert water and nutrients from the trees. Has there been any changes like this near the trees? We recommend that you have a local arborist come and look at the trees. He or she can better give you information on what may be wrong with the trees.

Here are more questions about Pine Trees