Mexican Palm Trees

Are My Sago and Mexican Palm Dead

Bobbiekay added on April 19, 2011 | Answered

We had a very hard winter in Texas. My Sago is mushy in the center of it as far down as I can reach; however, it has two babies coming out at the base. I removed all the dead fronds but don't know if it will revive or not? My Mexican Fan Palm, over 6 ft tall, turned all brown. When I peel back the top branches, I can see some green with black like charred on the ends. Will it come back, and what can I do to help these?

It does sound like the adult sago is dead, but you can replant the pups. The Mexican palm may still be alive and may come back if it is. This article will help you determine for sure:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mexican Palm Trees