Are Hibiscus plants poisonous if eaten by my cat?
I have a tropical hibiscus.
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
It is important that your cat does not consume any portion of this plant at all. Hibiscus is toxic to cats, although the exact toxin is unknown. This is true for all pets. The reaction may be vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite. They usually recover within 48 hours. However, if symptoms persist more than two days or the cat stops drinking water, seek veterinary assistance immediately.