What's your question? Ask

Crepe Myrtle Trees

Q.Are Crepe Myrtle Flowers Toxic, Especially To Horses?

Flutterbynut added on July 13, 2023 | Answered

The flowering plants are directly over the horse\’s water

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on July 13, 2023

Yes, crepe myrtle flowers are toxic to horses. Ingesting these flowers can cause gastrointestinal upset, colic, and other health issues in horses. It is important to keep horses away from crepe myrtle plants to prevent any potential harm. They typically won't eat anything bitter to them, though, and the toxins found in the plant will be.

Here are some more toxic species:


Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Crepe Myrtle Trees
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert