Bromeliad

Are Bromeliads Susceptible to Too Much Sun or Shade

Peta Weaver added on April 11, 2018 | Answered

I notice that they grow more easily on the tropical coastal areas of north qld but don't seem to grow and flower so well at higher altitude on the Tablelands behind the coast. I am wondering if I have them in the wrong position.

They are normally found growing within the canopy of tree tops, as they are an epiphytic species, meaning they will feed by attaching to the bark of other trees. This will mean that it is normally in dappled shade under the canopy. They will easily get burned in full sun.

As far as altitude goes... I don't believe that this will be an issue. They can be found growing in all altitudes. I do believe that there could be a difference in humidity, temperature, or sunlight.

This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/bromeliad/growing-bromeliad-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bromeliad