Apricote Tree – Very Few Leaves

growit2018 added on April 17, 2018 | Answered

I have a ten year old Apricot tree. The year before last it had one apricot which I gave to the birds. Last year it was loaded with hundreds most of which fell off and rotted. Couldn't eat them all! I prune it every year and live in CA. This year there are very few leaves. Those that are growing all appear healthy but most of them are on the new growth that appeared around the pruned branch cuts. Very few of the new leaves appear on the older branches. There are a lot of buds on the branches and there are no signs of any mold.

It sounds like a fungal infection. Often in older trees, this will lead to the eventual death of it. You can prolong this by adding dolomitic lime and wettable sulfur. This will help the tree to stay healthy for a little longer.

00