Apricot Trees

Apricot Tree

nerja added on July 24, 2012 | Answered

I live in the Costa del Sol. My apricot tree is secreting a black sticky substance all over the concrete path, and itself. I think its got a pest infection. What do you recommend to clear it?

My guess would also be that is has a pest of some kind, likely aphids or a similar sap-sucking insect. They generally tend to secrete honeydew, a sticky substance which may be present on the leaves. I would recommend treating the tree with neem oil, which should take care of the pest problem. It is also safe to use and an effective fungicide as well should other issues pop up due to the stress from the pests. It is often sold as fruit tree spray at stores. Check the label. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

Here are more questions about Apricot Trees