Apricot Trees

Apricot Growing

I have a Harcot apricot tree that is about ten years old. Growth wise it is very healthy: always generates new leaves and wood, flowers every year, and shows some early fruit. It is now approx. 15 feet tall. It has never yielded a single piece of fruit. Some years there have been obvious issues including drought, late frost, no bees, and rain during blossoming. I also probably overpruned in early years. However, I have not done any pruning for at least the past two seasons, perhaps three. I do fertilize once a year (at about this time) using Master Fruit and Tree. We live on the mid-peninsula in San Mateo County, California. I have a variety of prolific fruit trees, although only the one apricot. The soil is quite clayey, although the tree was planted in amended soil in a box, about one foot above ground level. I hate to take it out, because it is so healthy otherwise. However, I'm wondering if we should start over if we do not see any fruit this year.

There are several reasons why this can occur. This article should be of some help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/apricots/apricot-tree-not-fruiting.htm

00
Here are more questions about Apricot Trees