Lawn Maintenance

Applying Coffee Grounds to the Lawn During the Winter

I apply coffee grounds all summer, great results, do I continue during the winter months ( frozen ground ) any chance of molding or any other negative effects? Will it do any good, maybe the earthworms are not active, or the nitrogen and phosphorus deplete before being absorbed? Thank you

I suspect adding coffee grounds during the winter will provide the same or almost the same benefit as if they were added in the summer. Other gardeners have reported benefit from adding coffee grounds during the winter. If there is a lot of rain it is possible that the nutrients could be leached out or the grounds washed away before spring, but if not, the earthworms and bacteria will just get to work incorporating the nutrients in the spring.

00
Here are more questions about Lawn Maintenance