Apple Trees

Apple Tree Root Stock

Appalachian18 added on April 18, 2017 | Answered

I was given twenty eight M.111 EMLA apple tree root stock on April 3rd, 2017. They were left overs from a scion grafting class at my county extension. I am in zone 6 in Southwest Virginia. After reading a bit I understand that I have missed out on being able to obtain suitable scions and for grafting time. The QUESTION is should Iand how could I, preserve these best for next grafting opportunity? Could I plant them in fabric containers until next season or put them in the ground and dig up later for grafting and transplanting? Thanks for a reply, Dave in BSG

This is beyond my expertise and I have not been able to locate any information on holding 'root stock'.
I would suggest you call your County Extension Office to enquire if they may have a source to refer you to.
Here is a link to help you locate your nearest office.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/extension-search/

00
Here are more questions about Apple Trees