Apple Trees

Apple Tree

Billworks added on May 20, 2016 | Answered

I have an apple tree that bloomed fine, started producing fruit. Then I noticed that a few limbs had leaves that were turning black. Then the fruit and the limbs turned black and died. The tree is still growing new branches, but some of those also turn black and die. I also see a few leaves that look like something has been eating on them, and I see a couple spider webs. Can you help me out please I have pictures I'm sending?

heather

Unfortunately it looks like you tree may have fire blight.

Here is more information about the cause and the treatment of the problem:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/fire-blight-remedies-and-symptoms.htm

The bug damage sounds to be minor and is likely the result of insects being attracted to the tree in its weakened state. If you work to correct the fire blight through pruning and spraying, the pest problem should disappear.

00
Here are more questions about Apple Trees