Mint Plants

Aphids on Mint

On my lanai, I have oregano, rosemary and mint in one pot, and chives and parsley in another. No matter what I do, my mint plant gets attacked! I really don't want to be swallowing these creatures in my iced tea! I thought mint was a natural deterant, but my mint attracts them like ants to sugar! Help.

This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/homemade-aphid-control-a-natural-way-to-kill-aphids.htm That being said, aphids are attracted to weakened plants. Mint has different watering needs than oregano and rosemary, so this is likely what is weakening the mint plant and making it attractive to the aphids. I would plant the mint in its own pot and it should be able to be healthier and better able to keep the aphids at bay.

00
Here are more questions about Mint Plants