Insect Pest Control

Aphids

Shmoozer added on June 6, 2017 | Answered

I have a Honeysuckle that is covered in aphids every year and therefore doesn't bloom very much?

DLarum

Aphids do love honeysuckle, I deal with the same problem every year but I nip it in the bum at the first sign. I use a homemade recipe of 1 part dawn dish soap, 1 part mouth wash and 4 parts water, at home and spray it on the plants on a cloudy day or at sunset. At the garden center where I work, I deal with it on a much larger scale, many more plants to treat, so I use need oil there instead. We've also had some success with employing lady bugs, but you should never spray any insecticides directly on lady bugs, please. This should help:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/homemade-aphid-control.htm

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control